Happy Monday, friends!
Today’s post is part two of my holiday look series and focuses on the most simple look that still makes a statement!
Who doesn’t love a Little Black Dress (LBD) for any occasion?! When all else fails, having this staple in your closet will be a lifesaver. I always recommend having one for a cooler season and one for a warmer season.
There are so many ways you can dress up a LBD, but I chose to keep it simple and just added bling! When wearing a monochromatic look (all one color), its nice to add a few pieces of bold jewelry to make the look your own.
I found a few gold pieces from Charlotte Russe that were under $15 for the bracelet, earrings, and rings. They usually run a jewelry sale that is great for costume jewelry pieces. And my LBD is a midi length sweater dress that I bought from Old Navy for under $40!
To make a LBD match your style, think of special accessories that you love and how you can incorporate it into your party look.
Here are a few tricks to add personal style to your LBD for any holiday party:
- Add a pop of color: maybe a red clutch, bold lipstick, or nails!
- Printed tights: there are so many fun, patterned tights in stores that will definitely make a statement!
- Bling, bling: a few pieces of bold jewelry can brighten up a solid color look and add some class as well.
Good luck and have fun! Remember to tag me in your holiday outfit posts on Instagram @palmettocouture!
Its officially the Holly-day season!! See what I did there?!
But seriously, with lots of events and parties to attend along with the gift shopping, wallets can get tight really fast! We all want to look our best without going over our budget.
In thinking about holiday looks for the fashion conscious girl, I wanted to create two looks that were stylish and chic and wouldn’t break the bank!
This two part series starts with a look that I created from items I already had in my closet!
My advice for an easy, festive outfit is as follows:
- Pattern: find an article of clothing that has a wintry or holiday pattern as your centerpiece. I went with a subtle houndstooth skirt with a faux leather trim to start.
- Color: add a pop of red or green (and don’t worry about the traditional shades- branch out like my burgundy top!)
- Bling: fun jewelry and accessories can make or break an outfit! Add a few pieces that really stand out!
- Heels: and last but certainly not least, slip on a pair of sassy heels and your confidence will make you the star of the party! Not into heels? Try a sparkly or patent leather flat to jazz up your style.
Most of these items are things that you probably already have in your closet! Take a look around and see what you can create. I bet you will surprise yourself and style the perfect Holly-day outfit!
I would love to see all of your holiday outfits so tag me on Instagram or Twitter with my handle, @palmettocouture!