If you live in the South, you know how crazy the weather can be this time of year. Its October, so I automatically think I should be wearing scarfs and boots!
Unfortunately, that is not life in South Carolina so we have to work on outfits that transition from summer to fall.
This easy (but last season) blue dress from Express is so light weight, but the colors and bell sleeves allow it to work now that the weather is slightly cooler.
I love taking jewel tone dresses from the summer and pairing them with booties for a fall look. Adding a darker lipstick or even a fringe purse or light weight scarf can change your summer staple to a fall must-have!
Here are a few of my favorite fall dresses right now: Nordstrom (less than $60) Old Navy (less than $40) Express – LOVE THIS ONE (On sale, less than $40)
I don’t have anything exciting going on this week but sometimes it is nice to have a low-key week planned!
Have a great week and feel free to subscribe to my blog to get an email when a new post comes out! You can also check out my instagram, @palmettocouture!
PS. Anyone notice the Chris E. we found on the wall?! Thought it was cute since my fiance is Chris E. as well! 🙂
I am so excited for October and fall weather! I love the festivals and cool nights by the fire during this time!
We are finally getting a little break from the heat here in Myrtle Beach so I wanted to share an easy, fall look that looks pretty chic. (Pics were taken pre-engagement so no ring here!)
I love going monochromatic with black in the fall and winter. Pair a cute sweater with detailing, black denim, and black heels for a look you can wear to dinner with the girls or a casual date night.
If going all one color is a little much for you, add a pop of color with your handbag or a vibrant lipstick.
I have linked some similar items you can find online now throughout the post if you are curious where to find them.
This weekend we are going out for a friend’s birthday and possibly a Chili Cook Off so I’m praying for nice weather, aka, an excuse to wear fall stuff!
What are your plans this weekend?! Comment below!
1. VS Robe– who doesn’t love feeling pampered and getting cozy in a fluffy robe?! I have this one in gray. (Thanks, Chris!)
2. Coffee Mug– There are SO many cute mugs out there. Find one that suits her personality. You could even add a bag of specialty coffee with the mug for a little something extra. Marshalls and TJ Maxx usually have both for cheap!
3. Laura Mercier Honey Bath– If she loves being pampered, the Laura Mercier bath collection is a MUST. It’s a little pricey, but the products are well worth it. Ambre Vanille is my favorite!
4. Alex and Ani– If you are looking to splurge a little this year, jewelry is never a bad option if you are in a more serious relationship. I love these Alex and Ani bracelets! Find a couple that match her style and she can wear them all together. A great watch would be a nice option too.
5. Handwritten Note & Dinner- If your budget is tight after the holidays, a sweet, handwritten note and cooking dinner always is a good idea! Don’t let a small budget deter you from sharing how much you care about your girl!
While I am a firm believer in showing your person how much you care all year long, Valentine’s Day is a fun little holiday to do something extra sweet. If you are single this Valentine’s Day, treat yourself to something special!
All the items in this post are items I have tested out myself or am currently craving! What are ya’ll doing for your significant others this Valentine’s Day?! Comment below and let me know your plans!
Don’t you just love a new pair of jeans that fit so right?! And of course, new shoes are always a positive.
Recently, I ordered a pair of booties from Sole Society ( find them here) and I have been wearing them out! Sole Society has a ton of options and they are affordable. You can use my code here for a discount off of your first purchase. But anyway, booties have become a must-have over the past few years. They range from casual to dressy and its easy to find a pair that fit your needs.
I also was in desperate need of jeans so I ordered these (expensive, I know, but great) and these (pictured above.) The jeans in this post are by William Rast- a Justin Timberlake brand. They are so soft and super stretchy. They run true to size, and I will definitely consider ordering another pair in the future. I wear a 4 or 27, and these fit perfectly.
Let me know if you find any cute shoes on Sole Society or if you have any jeans suggestions for me. Hope you all have an awesome day! <3